We don’t realize how much of our planet we’re missing by being stuck to the ground. Luckily, Google Earth lets us get a birds-eye view of even the most unreachable corners of the world. Sσ if you’ve never seen a meteorite crash site or the world’s largest pool from above, prepare to be enlightened.
We at Bright Side were amazed by some of the things that have been found on Google Earth and we put them all in one place to broaden your horizons.
1. A deserted cruise ship found near Antarctica
2. Hippos going for a dip in Africa
3. Called the Badlands Guardian, this is natural land feature that resembles a human head
4. “Love island” in Croatia
5. Graveyard full of decommissioned aircrafts in Arizona
6. Barringer Crater
This is a huge meteorite crash site that occurred 50,000 years ago. It’s 0.737 miles long and 560 feet deep.
7. Mesmerizing pond in Texas
These ponds are the product of the largest potassium chloride manufacturing in the United States.
8. Osmington White Horse, the U.K.
The figure was cut into the local limestone in 1808 in honor of King George III.
9. San Alfonso del Mar, Chile
The largest swimming pool on Earth. It’s 3,323 ft. long and contains 66 million gallons of water.
10. Unexplained pattern in Egypt
11. Ship wreck with trees growing out of it in Australia
12. Heart-shaped lake in Ohio, USA
13. A herd of buffalo in Africa
14. A mysterious target in Nevada, USA
15. Vibrant red lake in Iraq
Which of these discoveries caught your attention the most? Have you ever explored our planet on Google Earth? What was the coolest thing you’ve found?